Dear Revolutionary Lovers:
We are reclaiming this Hallmark holiday week as one for Revolutionary Love. Here is what you can do:
On Monday, February 13, join our partners in the #CLOSERikers Campaign outside the Apollo Theater, 6-8 pm, where Mayor de Blasio will give his State of the City Address. Activists are showing up to remind the mayor to act on this moral issue.
On Valentine's Day, there are four ways to be a Revolutionary Lover.
- Make a pledge to power love here.
- Join our gospel choir and Jacqui as they kick off an evening of Artistic Uprising from 6-9 pm in Washington Square Park.
- Act from home: Call Congress (use this guide from Mom's Rising for important talking points).
- Make sure you connect with L2O through the Revolutionary Love Community! Keep a look out for some beautiful pictures from Sunday on L2O.
On Wednesday, join us for a forum at NYU, "From Fear to Focus: Race in America and the Urgency of Now." I will moderate the panel with guests:
- Van Jones, CNN contributor, author, and president & co-founder of Dream Corps
- Trabian Shorters, founder & CEO of BMe Community
- Aunjanue Ellis, co-founder of Take It Down America, actress and activist, and president & CEO of Miss Myrtis Films
- Anurag Gupta, founder & CEO of Be More America
- Special performance by Genesis Be featuring Ebonie Smith
This discussion will also be livestreamed--sign up here.
In Revolutionary Love!
P.S. Register for the Revolutionary Love Conference, April 28-30 at Middle Collegiate Church! Don't wait; we are filling up!